Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 1 - Casual Chic

Sorry I'm a day late... this is DAY 1 of the Thrifty Chic fashion week! And to start us off, my outfit is:
Casual Chic

Shirt: $1 at a yard sale, brand: New York & Company
Skirt: Salvation Army... probably around $3, brand: UnionBay
Flip Flops - On sale at Walmart, dunno the cost, brand: Uhh... some Walmart brand (duh =])

I'm also supposed to tell my favorite brands. I like American Eagle and Aeropostale. But I don't care too much as long as I like the clothing. I dislike Hollister and Abercrombie - they stand for many things I am very opposed to.

My favorite Thrift stores! Well, I am a huge garage sale junkie; I get most of my clothing at those. I also like Salvation Army. Amidst all the ugly and dumpy clothes there, you can find some cute stuff! We also have a thrift shop in town called Second Impressions. I like that too. There are other good ones, too, but those are the ones I tend to shop at because they're nearby.

That is all! Thanks for reading :)

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the salvation army! If you look around you find some great stuff. I found a really cute handmade vintage dress. Love it so much and only 4 bucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's neat! I love second-hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, that is SOO pretty! The skirt is just lovely; so modest and feminine! I love the silkiness of the black blouse. :)

    Thanks for joining us!

    In Him,
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit! I really like your black blouse :)
    I don't like Hollister or Abercrombie either... I haven't been to thrift stores many times, but I'd really like to.
    I like your blog background as well!

    In Christ,
    ~ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! That top is great and it goes so well with your denim skirt. It's always nice to see young modest girls show their thrifty outfits =) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete