Friday, May 11, 2012

Florida Photos - Part 1

 Well, I finally have pictures from my trip to Florida. It took me a while to get them on the computer, sort through all 8969875105 of them, and to all the adjustments necessary to make them presentable. I have so many wonderful pictures that I will have to do quite a series of posts to upload even a sufficient sample of them for you to see. :) So here are pictures from the first couple of days.



My first time flying! I know this isn't the most spectacular picture, but let me just say, it was BEAUTIFUL in person! I have often seen other people's airplane pictures and thought "Ehh, that's not so great, it's just the sky." But seeing the clouds and the brilliant blue from above for the very first time... breathtaking.


 M and my dear mother on the plane. We were so excited about what adventures the week would hold! Or at least I was. She was was much more peaceful. :)


 Zach and I! Since Cody and Erik are gone now we have bonded more than ever. Spending the whole week together, we learned a lot about each other and had lots of fun. And btw, don't I look tan in this picture? I came to FL with a tan and went back to NY without one. Since when does that happen?! :P


 I tried to read but discovered that airplanes do not make ideal reading nooks at all. So, I just let myself get lost in all of my thoughts - deep ones, hopeful ones,  random ones, and all sorts of other miscellaneous ones and pointless ones. <3


 Grandma's mobile home, which was home sweet home for the next week. It was actually quite nice. It had a screened-in porch, which was fabulous for enjoying the cool evenings. The indoors was neat and nicely decorated, with all the comforts of home. 


I don't know what these flowers were called, but they smelled SOOO good! And I just loved the way they seem to cheerfully overwhelm the fence as they burst through every gap.


 I had never seen Spanish moss before, so i was quite fascinated by it. In the end I decided that I think it is very ugly, but it was a cool part of the Florida experience. :P


Palm trees!! Since I have heard so much about the tropical look of Florida, I couldn't wait to see all the palm trees. And, as you see, I was not disappointed. :)


 Strange spiky bush in the garden... very different from northern plants, to be sure!


Oh, and orange trees! It was neat to see groves of orange trees overflowing with fresh oranges. I never did get to eat one straight from the tree though. I don't know why... I totally should have! 

 And I suppose I will end this post with a picture of my adorable new bathing suit! We had it custom ordered and it turned out quite nicely. I had actually hoped for it to be a tab bit longer, but that's okay. And what's really neat about it is that it has shorts attached under the skirt! Very handy indeed. :) I totally love the colors. And, although you can't see it, my sunglasses have little jewels that match my suit. Sweetness! We really enjoyed having a pool to swim in whenever we wanted to. Swimming is SO fun! 

I guess that concludes the fist part of my Florida posting. Hope you enjoy the pictures - have a lovely day everyone. :)

1 comment:

  1. Double cuteness!! =) Liked looking through all the fun pics!!

    ReplyDelete