Saturday, July 10, 2010

Time flies!

So, I was looking through pictures last night on my computer of me a few years ago, and thinking how much has changed.

This is me (left) and my best friend (right) about 6 years ago - when I was 9. Can you believe that chubby face is mine? :) Emily and I have been good friends through the years, and I am SO thankful for her. Our friendship strengthens through time, and she is still my closest friend! We've been through a lot together.

I think I was 10 in this picture. This picture was taken at one of the lovely tea parties I used to have with my mom. :) Life sure was simpler back then! I mostly did was I was told because I wanted to make people happy, and because it was easy. It wasn't until later that I actually had make a hard, but wonderful decision to serve Christ, no matter what.

This is me at almost 11. When I was that age, I always did my hair by pushing it back with a headband. The day this picture was taken is memorable because it was a Sunday afternoon, and Erik and I were taking a long walk together. What a wonderful day! When I was 11, some things started to change. It wasn't always easy. One of the best things that changed was that Christ started becoming truly real in my life.

12 was an interesting year. I somehow went completely nuts. In some ways, it was a really fun year. But I was not living for Christ like I should have been, and I started out on a downhill path. I couldn't find any *nice* pictures of my at 12, so I made a collage of the crazy ones.

Thirteen, at first, was a really great and really awful year. For a while, I started to walk back uphill again. But it was in my own strength, not Christ's. About halfway through the year, I started to run downhill again, hard and fast.

Near the end of my 13th year, God started to wake me up. He used some pretty awesome things... one of them was my mom! My mom was a huge help to me. I didn't always appreciate it at the time, but I sure do now! Then starts this past year - 14. God has really taken hold of my hands and started teaching me dance with Him. I am every bit as sinful, and every bit as unworthy as I ever was, but he has shown me that it's not about me! I don't have to earn his grace. I am falling more in love with him every day. There have been times, this year, when I have stooped so far, and my heart has left my True Love, Jesus Christ. But He has never left me. He keeps bringing me back, and teaching me more about who He is. Wow, He is SO awesome!!

And now, I am almost fifteen. My birthday is August 1st - wow, time sure flies!

4 comments:

  1. =) I love the pics! You looked so cute when you were 9! {GRIN}

    I'm turning 14 December 19th...looog time to wait I'm afraid! Haha!

    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thanks :)
    So your thirteen? Awesome!
    I can't believe I'm turning fifteen.. I feel like I should be turning 13 or 14! But, I guess I have to grow up ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. yiikes!! Did I say I was turning 14? I meant to say I'm turning 15 =) haha! oops! Don't know what happened there! Sorry! =)

    Yeah we all grow up... =D haha!

    ReplyDelete