Saturday, May 5, 2012

Missions trip!

Oh my, I really need to write a post! For the past week or so I keep thinking of things and saying, "I want to write a blog post about that!" But then, I haven't written any posts because in my last one I promised to show pictures from my fabulous trip to Florida, and I haven't been able to get them on the computer yet. So, I am just going to hold off on that and write about other things for now.

Something that I am SOOO excited about and want to tell you all is that I'M GOING TO ARIZONA THIS SUMMER! Lol. :) For the past 4 years I have been studying Spanish, which has been great for me. Also, as you know, I am very interested in missions and reaching the world for Christ. Last fall, a missionary family from Arizona visited our church. As they told about their Spanish-speaking church plant near Phoenix, I was intrigued and eager to know more. I had the opportunity to talk with them after the service, and they suggested that I should come visit them for a missions trip sometime. I was thrilled! In January I wrote them an email reminding them of my interest, and since then we have been corresponding through email and phone to plan a trip. Amazingly, the Lord has worked it out perfectly and provided for it every step of the way. I will be flying out on June 18th and returning July 14th. What I will do there is basically help with anything that's happening - VBS, church, work, visits, etc. I will be with the Pastor's family the whole time. Being immersed in Mexican culture for a month will be an amazing new experience for me. And a good chance to practice my Spanish! I am truly in awe of the way the Lord has blessed me and led me. Please keep me in your prayers as it is going to be a VERY new experience for me. Thanks! :)

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited for you. It is such a blessing to hear of a young lady who desires to use her life for the cause of Christ. We pray that many souls would be saved! We will be praying for you as well, and look forward to hearing how God moved!

    God Bless
    Adam and Samantha

    ReplyDelete