Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Part Three - Silver Springs

 Part three! This was my FAVORITE day of the vacation. We went to an animal park called Silver Springs which had lots of different animals in natural settings. the park was very well kept and extremely nice.

The front entrance :) The whole park was very pretty and the weather was absolutely perfect
Being eaten by an alligator? Oh yes :)
Pretty bird! He was mean though - he kept trying to bite me!
They had several animals shows where they brought animals out and had them perform for you. This bird could say all sorts of phrases and made us all laugh a lot!

Turtles sunning themselves on a log :) Cute, aren't they?
WE GOT TO HOLD A BABY ALLIGATOR!! He felt pretty cool. Don't worry, his mouth was fastened shut! My mom was really loving it, can you tell?
They gave tours in glass bottom boats. There were two routes and we got to go on both of them. Our captain on the first ride was very fun and informative, and the second had beautiful, clear water! Very cool :)
They also gave a jeep tour through another animal section with bears, llamas, emus, and other neat critters. We go to see emu eggs! And a zebra striped jeep? I think yes! :D
Isn't this the coolest carousel ever? I was bummer that i didn't get to ride it, but I did get lots of pictures :)
There were a TON of alligators!! They had literally hundreds. This was the biggest, and whoa, he was HUGE! I love how he's smiling for the picture.
White alligators are so cool. I had never seen one before. He looks like he's just a plastic model floating in the water, but they assured me that he was indeed real :)
Ahh, the beautiful palms and lovely, well-kept grounds. I loved being able to enjoy greenery and blue skies in April! NY is not very pretty in spring. God allowed us to go at the prefect time.
I got a souvenir - a soft, plush white tiger! He is so snuggly. I named him Libre, which is Spanish for free, because he is a free spirit. Haha!
Oh, I had so much fun that day. if I lived down there I would definitely get a membership so I could go more often. God's creation is so glorious and I am always refreshed when I get to spend a day enjoying the outdoors.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christianna:) You have a great blog with encouraging posts! Just joined and looks like you had an awesome vacation. Hopefully you can stop by my blog and leave a comment or two, God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deya! I joined your as well because it looks like a great blog :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome times! As for that being-eaten-alive-by-an-alligator picture, yeah, I would totally do it. :) What fun to actually hold a little baby alligator! We went to the zoo yesterday and I petted a snake. (did NOT hold it though.) And this creepy piece of information...I also bought a little stuffed animal in the gift shop-it was a tiger EXACTLY like yours! Except orange. but that's just random that we both have one.
    Anyway, thanks for the pictures! Looks like amazing fun! :)
    -Lily

    ReplyDelete