Friday, July 2, 2010

My brother Erik!

Ah, another beautiful day that the Lord has made! And today, I get to write about Erik!
Erik is my awesome 20-year-old cowboy brother. Throughout my life, he has been a great friend and mentor to me.He is very smart and studious. When it comes to linguistics or grammar, I can always ask him for help, because he is spectacular at them! Since he loves languages so much, he loves to learn them. He knows at least a little bit of many different languages. Incredibly, he has even created languages!During the day, he is usually quite busy working as a web editor for Answers in Genesis. For the most part, he edits website articles, blog posts, and emails, or manages technical things.

Erik is very sweet and sensitive. Understandingly, he can always tell when I'm sad or upset. He's an admirable person. Exceeding my wisdom, his advice is something I really treasure. For me, it is very encouraging to talk to him because he always helps me to hold to a high standard in every area of life.
Theology, history, photography, computers, fantasy, books, and the outdoors are some of his many interests. As I mentioned before, he's kind of a cowboy. He loves horses, country music, and campfires. He looks great in a plaid shirt, cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat!


He's crazy about music! Practicing often, he has learned to play guitar, pennywhistle, chord piano, djembe, and even a little bit of violin.

Doesn't he look great in his hand-made chainmail?

He's also carved flutes out of American bamboo, created languages, and written songs. He's so creative!

While he is often serious or calm, Erik can also be really fun! He and I have had a lot of laughs together. :) Sometimes we can be so silly, and just laugh for a long time about things that aren't even all that funny!
Dependability is a quality that Erik has that I really appreciate. I can always rely on him!
It's such a blessing to have a man of God like Erik for my brother! <3

3 comments:

  1. this was such a sweet post! your brother sounds like an awesome guy :)
    love that first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh these posts about your family members are so cool!! i think i'm steal this idea from you if ay don't mind ;) i love that last picture of you and erik :) adorible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) I don't mind if you steal the idea Sayrah ;)
    Carlotta - he is definitely an awesome guy! :)

    ReplyDelete