Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm not cool, but that's okay :)

Wow. I just thought I'd tell you all that I had an AMAZING weekend. Some friends of mine invited me to an event called Youth Ablaze, which I had never heard of before. It sounded pretty cool, and I thought it would be a spectacular opportunity since I had been wanting to see them again, anyway. When we got there, I was kind of intimidated. It was huge! I had never been to anything like it before. During the second sermon, I broke down crying and was extremely encouraged and challenged. Later on, at supper, I pretty much spilled my whole life story and told my friends everything I've been going struggling with. They were so supportive and welcoming - I loved it so much.

This weekend has taught me one basic thing: be different. I need to be unafraid of being totally and completely different from our culture - no matter what anyone says or thinks about me. It sounds like a scary concept, really - being brave enough to do things (or not do things) that may cause me to be despised or mocked. But in truth, it's freedom. While most people are stuck wearing, watching, saying, and doing only what the culture tells them is acceptable, I can choose ANYTHING that pleases God! If you think that God is a harsh taskmaster, you should try obeying trends and culture. Christ does have expectations about what we do, say, think, wear, etc. But His expectations are freeing, not confining. I can be a total freak to the world, and still please Christ! It's pretty cool when you think about it. :)

"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:30

Here's a link to an awesome song that goes along with this:


That's all for now, folks!


2 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the title I started singing that song in my head! Keep chasing after God and His will for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post. Love the song. Thanks for sharing. I had never heard of that song before, but it was funny (yet very true)!♥

    Oh, I finally did the tag! I'm sorry it took so long... I explain on my blog!

    Have a great day, and a good rest of your week!

    In Christ,
    Karissa Noelle││Romans 12 <3

    ReplyDelete