Monday, July 5, 2010

Our God is an Awesome God!

Wow... I just have to start by saying God is good.

I've learned so much lately. Over the past few days, there have been several tests of my faith. Sometimes I passed them... and often I didn't.
But you know what? It's not about me.

Jesus didn't die on the cross to make me a better person.Jesus didn't die on the cross to make me love him.
Jesus didn't die on the cross to make me happy.
Jesus didn't die on the cross to make things easier for me.
So why did He die on the cross?Ephesians 3:7 "that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus."

He did it because He is God. He is holy. He is awesome. He is good.
The reason He died is that He is love, and He wants to lavish His love and grace on us!

I'm not going to wake up someday and be overcome with joy that I am perfect, thrilled that I know how to live the Christian life. That joy comes from waking up and knowing that He is God, and He is AWESOME!

I don't have to be perfect; I just have to rest in his grace. I will never be able to repay Him for His awesome love, but I don't have to! Thankfully, it's not about how "good" I am, it's about how truly GOOD and AWESOME He is!

However, that doesn't mean I should just go and live however I want to, and not try to please Him...
1Peter 2:16 "as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God."
Romans 6:1-2 "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may bound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?"

I am FREE! Serving Christ has been given to me as a privilege and delight! He loves me, and has saved me! I am so thankful and so in awe that He would save a wretch like me!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!! I came and visited your blog from Feeling Feminine. Thank you for posting this and I heartily agree! Isn't Jesus amazing? :)

    Also, if I may ask, did you take these pictures? I love photography, and if so I just wanted to say that they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!
    Thanks for checking out my blog - I always appreciate it!

    And, I confess... I did not take the pictures. I got the off Google images. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. :) Okay! They are still beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete