Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"These are a few of my favorite things..." =)

Ahh, what a lovely day! And on this lovely day, I am going to post about things I love.

Some things I love and am particularly thankful for today:
Beautiful skirts
Puffy clouds
Tortilla chips and salsa
"The Challenge"Nail polish
Sunflowers
Cats
and most of all,
Jesus Christ, His grace, His forgiveness, His glory, and all of who He is!

And I was also thinking about my favorite words. Here are some:

Precept:
"A prescribed rule of conduct or action; instruction or direction regarding a given course or action; especially, a maxim in morals."
I love how this word is used so many times throughout the Bible, especially Psalm 119.

Lovely:
"Possessing mental or physical qualities that inspire admiration and love; charming."
Psalm 84:1 - "How lovely is Your tabernacle, O LORD of hosts!"

Maiden: (according to the Webster's 1828 dictionary)
"A young unmarried woman; a virgin; fresh; new; unused." It goes on to describe a maiden as one who speaks and acts "demurely or modestly."Modern dictionaries simply describe "maiden" as an unmarried woman. Rather than being a modern "maiden," or "chick," or even simply a "girl," I want to be a Webster's 1828 Dictionary maiden!

There are so many more words I love, so many other things I am thankful for, and so many blessings in my life, but I won't go on all day! ;)

May Jesus Christ be praised!!!

2 comments: