Monday, February 13, 2012

Facing another week

Sometimes, you just need a break. A chance to forget about the pressure of everyday life. As the winter has dragged on, that's exactly what I have needed. And thankfully, I got it this past weekend. My best friend, Emily, came over on Saturday night and we had SO much fun. Staying up until after midnight, we painted our nails crazy ways and watched movies, which is what we always do when she comes over. And of course, we talked and talked and talked. That's the best part!

It's been a lonely week without Cody here. I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with such good friends and  loving family, because I don't know what I'd do without them. :) Happy Monday everyone; let's face another week with the joy of the Lord!


"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." ~~Hebrews 12:1-2~~

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean...this week has been a pretty lonely one for me too. But I'm so glad you had a good time with your best friend!!! I should get together with my best friend soon! Though, she does live really far away :( I should still get together with her! :D

    ReplyDelete