Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh, how He loves us!

Well, November is coming to a close, so I will post one last time this month about what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for the lovely dinner and fellowship we had for Thanksgiving.
I am thankful that it's finally the season for Christmas decorations and music.
I am thankful for the godly leaders in our church who challenge us with truth.
I am thankful for truth in general, and all of the many sources it comes in to change my life - music, books, sermons, prayer, scripture, and even movies and the words of my friends.
I am thankful that God has blessed me by allowing me to take piano lessons.

Most of all, I am thankful for the intimate, everlasting, and personal love of my Lord Jesus Christ, and that I know Him personally. I possess the secret of what is so sought after in this world - love and happiness. Why would God choose me to be one of His children? I will never know. It certainly wasn't anything in me that drew Him to me. I am speechless when I think of all He endured to make me His own, His very own. The Bible is packed with so much wealth. The joy and wonder of it all, oh! I never want to dull to it; I want to learn more and more of His love and press on to greater and greater levels of holiness for His sake.

"And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all"
This is one of my favorite songs these days... I just sing it all the time because I am just in awe of this fact. Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! (2 Cor. 9:15)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting!! Such encouraging words friends!! <3

    ReplyDelete