Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Our visit to Kentucky :)

Last week I visited my brother Erik, in Kentucky. It was the most wonderful, refreshing week I've had in a long time. The reason we visited him was because he had to get all 4 of his wisdom teeth taken out, and needed some help through that. When he first came out of the surgery he was SO funny! The laughing gas and anesthesia made him totally loopy, and he would not stop talking, and saying the funniest things. The funniest part was that he had gauze in his mouth, and Novocaine making his mouth numb, so it was really hard to understand him. He was so funny! He was in pain for a while afterward, but overall he did very well, and was soon talking and laughing again.

Some of my best friends live in his little town, and I was extremely happy to see them again. I spent every evening at their house. It's so wonderful to be in a place where there are so many people who you love and who love you! We had lots of fun, and I miss them all a lot.

Also, we got to see the Garden of Lights at the Creation Museum. I was excited because, although I've been there many times, I've never been there at Christmas. It was absolutely spectacular. I adore Christmas lights, so it was especially beautiful to me. We even got to see a sneak preview of Christmas Town, and we didn't even plan on it! Another cool thing was seeing Jason Lisle's "Christmas Star" video at the planetarium. I have often wondered about what the Christmas star was, and it answered a lot of questions.

I am so blessed to have such an awesome family, and friends, and opportunities. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a good trip in Kentucky!!! And I am so glad you got to visit your friends!!! It is always fun seeing friends you haven't seen in awhile!!

    My oldest sister Anna got her 4 wisdom teeth pulled this summer too. She was really funny too! She had gauze in her mouth too and couldn't speake at all! So she carried around a note pad and wrote whatever was on her mind!! It was so funny! Yeah, and she was in a lot of pain afterwards too. But she got better as the days went on!! I'm not to excited for when I'll be that age and maybe have to get mine pulled! Nope! Not my cup of tea ;) But I'm sure it's not that bad after all ;)
    God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun trip! love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete