Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Let Them Live!

I'm taking biology this year. In biology, you learn about life. The past few weeks I have been studying microscopic, single-celled organisms, and it is stunning to realize the complexity of these tiny creatures. And, it confirmed to me yet again something which I have already believed all my life: human beings are fearfully and wonderfully made, and are alive and fully human from the moment they are conceived. How did miniscule protozoa, algae, and bacteria remind me of the sanctity of human life, you may ask? Well, as I began to comprehend how intricate the design of these little creatures is, I comprehended just how elaborate an unborn child is. If there can be that much detail and life in an amoeba, just think how incredible a child in the womb is. Astounding life is existent from the very start, and continues to flourish as the baby forms.

Psalm 149 14-16 says, "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them."

This is God's word. That means that this is a very serious matter! We must stand up for life, and protect it. It is our duty as believers in Jesus Christ.

I'd like to recommend a blog to you all called Let Them Live. It is written by 3 girls who support life, and are working hard to defend it. Also, please sign their Petition.

Stand up for what God's word says, Christian friends, and let them live!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christy! Thanks so much for your email!!! :) I sent you an email like four days ago but I keep getting an email from gmail saying the email won't go through!! So sorry if you haven't gotten it!!! It says it will try resending it for two more days. So tell me if you get it!!! :D

    Now for this blog post, I am doing Biology too!!! Cool! AND! I am learning about cells too! That is awesome we are both learning about the same thing at the same time!! Cells amaze me so much! God is so amazing! To think that so little of things are so incredible and made with so much in them! It is awe striking!!!
    God bless! I hope you get my email soon!!

    A Servant 4 Christ,
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete