Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's been a while...

Well, I haven't felt like writing on my blog for a while so I just... didn't. But, now I feel like it, so I will. =)

Life has been interesting for me lately. I've been busier than usual. I started going to another youth group at a really awesome camp nearby which has been really good for me. It's been fun meeting everyone from their group and getting to know them all. Wayne, the director of the camp/youth group leader always has really phenomenal teaching. What I also love about it is that he splits us up into groups each week and has us find passages in the Bible about whatever topic we're talking about, and then find a real-life application for it. That is SO important, because you can hear truth all of your life, but you need to look at it for yourself and apply it to life to really make it come alive in your life.

God's been teaching me so much lately. He's been teaching me a lot about trusting Him... through everything. For one thing, my TMJ has been really giving me a hard time lately. My jaw, neck, and shoulders are in constant pain and it's just really, really hard to deal with. But a verse that keeps coming to mind is Deuteronomy 8:2 -

"And you shall remember that the LORD your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not."

God has been showing me just how faithful He is. In spite of TMJ, stress, school, insecurity, and everything else in life, He is my one true friend and confidant. It's so awesome to have a friend to turn to, and He is the most faithful friend I could ever have. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment