Sunday, August 2, 2009

My birthday! :)

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't written in so long. It's been busy! Let's see... on Friday we headed to my Grandparents' house, and we spent the day with them. We watched TV for a long time and talked. Then we had supper and they made me a cake for my birthday! :) It was nice. I got a present which was jewelry, nail polish, and lip gloss. AND GUMMY BEARS!! I love those things - lol :).

On Saturday it was my birthday!!! YAY! We headed toward home at 8 AM and Mom said she was planning something special but wouldn't tell me what. After about 2 hours of driving, we showed up at Camp Lamoka, where my brothers work! See, I worked there for one week on a Ministry Team last year and I LOVED it, and my brothers always tell me how much fun they have working there, so I wanted to go there again and meet all their new friends! I met some friends, and enjoyed a couple of hours there, and I found out I was going to my brothers' friends' house with them to spend the afternoon there! I was nervous at first, but it turned out to be an AWESOME day!!

On Sunday, I had 2 friends over and we did a photo-shoot in a beautiful field. It was so pretty! We all wore coordinating colored dresses and the pictures turned out so nicely! Later, I opened my presents from my parents. I got: an AMAZING black hat with studs on it. (That sounds punk-ish but it's actually really cute) and I got very pretty earrings, and a big purple plaid pillow, and an awesome little purple plush doggy. The 2 friends I had over, Danna and Glory, gave me $14 and one cent! The one cent was because it was a day late. :) All in all, I had an awesome birthday and awesome weekend!

I have also been learning a lot about sin. I often feel like I'm a slave to sins that I keep doing over and over, but then I realized, I am NOT a slave! I have been freed by the blood of the Lamb! I don't EVER have to sin again!! I won't be perfect, of course, but it is very relieving to know that sin has no grip on me, and I never have to sin again. It's a battle though, and it has to be fought! It's guerrilla warfare. The enemy has been defeated, but refuses to give up, so he sneaks in and tries to cause as much trouble as possible. Therefore, we must watch and pray!! God has taught me so much. Please pray for me, that I will fight the battle and not give up.

That's all I have to say now, so toodles! :) :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty cool birthday! I'm so glad you're learning how to defeat the enemy! I'm still in training, when I should be like a captain. I really need to step up and just shoot the enemy where they stand(if you'll pardon the voilence). Anyway keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think we're all still in training. :) Good to know others are training too, and I'm not alone! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome birthday! I LOVE the $14.01 lol. That is hysterical!
    That is so neat what you are learning about sin. The fact that we ARE NOT slaves to it anymore...it is a reminder that I think we all need sometimes...I have been struggling with allowing myself to be in bondage to different sins (worry being one of them) and Mom told me that because I am no longer a slave to sin I needed to CHOOSE whether or not I was going to allow sin to have a grip on me OR whether or not I was going to fling myself at Jesus' feet and ask Him to give me grace and thank Him that the victory is already won! Wow...that was really long and I am not sure if it made sense at all..I hope it did!
    Love you girl and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete