Monday, November 19, 2012

54 hours

In about 54 hours my amazing friends the Neffs will be here! Yup, that means around 2:00 AM Thursday :) My grandparents will also be arriving later that day for the big dinner and an evening together, and I am totally psyched. Today we did a lot of preparation and cleaning that's been needing to be done anyway.

So here are some things making me smile today:
~A clean house
~Cute name tags I made today for each place at the Thanksgiving table
~The expectation of lots of cooking the next few days
~Our table extended by seven - yes, seven! - leaves
~Anticipating our big house being filled with fourteen people - instead of four, which has become the norm
~Warm, sunny weather - an uncommon surprise in late November
~A whole week off of school
~Hoping for a sister-in-law sometime.... soon? Hehehe :)
~New (but second-hand) clothes that are perfect - modest, pretty, and so me
~Friends coming home from college that I miss a lot
~Good music - played loud, with the windows open, or soft by candlelight.
~Chores, especially when mom and I do them together

Yes, life is a wonderful thing. Hope you all have a lovely thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have an awesome week ahead! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the things you listed and can definitely relate, especially to expecting to do lots of cooking. A lot of people find that burdensome, but I love it and it really is a blessing when you can create memories in the kitchen while making the meal with family.

    How exciting it will be to have a house full of loved ones in a few days :) I hope you and your family and friends have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! I love preparing for friends. It's so fun to get the house looking extra pretty:)

    ReplyDelete