Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The romance of life

It has been a busy and glorious fall! My education this year, as I said previously, has been exceptional because I get to study God's word as a large part of it. I've been busy with a million other things besides school though. And I thought fall would mean the start of life being more quiet and settled - ha! Somehow life has managed to fill itself up with friends, events, appointments, etc. We visited my brothers in Kentucky a couple of weeks ago, and it was delightful. Most of our time was also spent with the Neffs, our friends who live a couple of blocks away from Erik and Cody. They have a son and three daughters and our families have a BLAST together! We only stayed for a weekend but we crammed in lots of talking, laughing, taking walks, playing games, and a variety of other wonderful things, just enjoying each others' company. I miss everyone and can't wait to see them again. :)

As of yesterday, there are 8 weeks until the week of Thanksgiving. That should mean 8 weeks of peacefully spending my days studying and learning, sorting the closets full of clutter that have crept up on us, and attempting to get enough rest and rhythm to life to regain my sanity. I've brainstormed up yet another new schedule for my daily life (yes, I'm quite the planner) and though this is only day 2, it seems to be working very smoothly and hopefully will continue to do so for the next 8 weeks. I love it when life follows the peaceful cadence of happy home life.

The weather here is simply indescribable. New York is definitely at it's best in September, in my opinion. It's getting very cold, but the sunshine is so bright and strong that every afternoon it's perfect for taking a brisk walk. The sky is a deep blue that isn't seen the rest of the year, and the evening sun casts a lovely autumn gold over all of the greens, reds, oranges, yellows, browns, and purples of our country homestead. It's the kind of weather that inspires songs, poems, and prayers.

It's little things like these - weather, home, friendships, family, work, school, and everything we do and have - that make life romantic. And you know what? I think I'll go enjoy the romance of life right now!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your brothers and friends! =) I'm so glad Fall is here too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am new to your post but I LOVE it! I know what you mean about fall. I like to right stuff and this time of the year is wonderful! I don't know what it is like in New York since I have never been but I know that Indiana is very beautiful this year. I am seeing on the side bar that you are for purity. That is Wonderful! So am I! But my ring is not that nice. Can't wait to read more! In Christ, Hope
    P.S. I have just started a blog in case you would like to stop by. It is not much since I just begun but with God's help it will turn into something good. It is homeschoolblogger.com/amerryheart/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hope! Thanks for commenting! I'm so glad you found my blog, I love getting new blog friends. :) Don't be discouraged - blogging is a fun thing to do but not an obligation. looking forward to seeing your posts as they come. :)And btw, I don't have a nice ring like that either... ;)

      Delete