Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spring is wonderful!

Oh. My. Word! It has been almost 3 months since I've posted! Well, I won't try to catch you up on all that's happened. I'll just tell you all what has been happening recently. :)

In about 3 weeks I will be done with school for the summer! WOOT! I can't wait. As of right now, I only have 3 subjects left - Spanish 2, Chemistry, and Algebra 2. Also, my spring piano recital is coming up in a few weeks. I'm totally loving school these days. Since I don't have as much to do, I am able to really focus my attention and effort on a few subjects, which I really enjoy. I've been spending my extra time cooking and baking up a storm - and I love every minute of it!

Some exciting news: I'm holding a bake sale at the end of this month, and giving the proceeds to an orphanage! I'm trying to raise $1,000 to send to Danita's Children, a wonderful Christian orphanage in Haiti. I've been working on it since about Christmas, but all of the other things have tried have fallen through. I'm SO excited that I am finally going to have an opportunity to do this!

I am SOOO glad that spring weather is here! Since it's been cold for so long, I am soaking up every bit of this warm weather! It's sunny, warm, and green! I am so thankful to the Lord for all of the blessings He has given and continues to give me. He is teaching me so much!

Hopefully soon I can upload some pictures to show you all what I've been up to lately. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm doing basically the same thing you are doing!
    My sister and I go to craft sales to raise money for a pro-life center.
    Our goal for the year is two thousand dollars.
    Our blog is:
    http://pleaseletthemlive.blogspot.com/
    In Christ,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christianna!

    I found your blog by doing some blog searching a while ago. I'm glad I did! :)

    I agree... Spring is wonderful!

    That is so neat that you are raising some money for Danita's Children! I have heard a lot about that orphanage!


    Have a great day!!!

    In Christ,
    Karissa

    www.SetApartGirl4Christ2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca ~ That is so cool! I looked at your blog, and now I'm a follower! I love it! And that's a high compliment, as I'm not much of a blog reader ;) Raising money to support unborn life is certainly commendable! I will pray for you as often as I think to.

    Karissa ~ Welcome aboard! And thanks so much. It encourages me to know that people read my blog. :) Have you read Sacred Singleness by Leslie Ludy? I noticed that your blog is "Setapartgirl." That reminds me of Leslie Ludy. :) Anyway, Sacred Singleness is where I heard of Danita's Children. It's a great organization!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christianna!

    Thanks! Yes, I have read Sacred Singleness by Leslie Ludy! Wonderful book! I really enjoyed reading it! :) Yeah, I did kind of get my blog name from her. :) Haha. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    In Christ Alone,
    Karissa :)

    ReplyDelete