Friday, May 13, 2011

Alone?

*Sigh*

Lately I've been feeling pretty lonely and discouraged. Ever since my brother moved away I feel like I've lost a really close friend. And lately, I've been missing him a lot. Also, our family has been really busy lately, so we don't have as much time together. Sitting at the kitchen table - alone - has become a hobby of mine. I don't want to write on and on about melancholy details, but I just feel so alone.

But am I?

I know I am not. Even in the times when I feel so alone, I have a Savior, a Father, a Friend, and a Husband to be with and talk to. Sometimes I forget that. And when I do, I miss out on a wonderful joy and peace. He's waiting, eager to talk with me, to listen to me and comfort me, and to show me more of how marvelous He is.

So my challenge to myself - and anyone else who struggles with loneliness, as I know we all do sometimes - is to cry out to God. He will listen, comfort, help, and strengthen.

"Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us." Psalm 62:8

"...casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life." Psalm 119:50

"My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him." Psalm 62:5

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christy!

    Such an encouraging post!

    I too, feel lonely sometimes, as I don't get to see some of my friends too often. But I just thanks God for always being here for me, and I can turn to Him for comfort and joy and peace!

    Thanks for the post!

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sweet Girl!

    Yes, you are so right --He is waiting for You.
    And remember, this is just a season of life and it will pass...but God is giving you an opportunity to draw closer to Him through this...He loves us SO much!

    Blessings,
    ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so encouraging to me! :)

    Thank you for sharing!

    In Him,
    Karissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you guys... you are so sweet and encouraging! <3 I'm so thankful for all of you, and how you are so thoughtful as to leave me a comment. Thanks - and I'm glad you are encouraged to!

    I love searching specific words like "comfort" in the Bible - it's amazing to see how great and loving our God truly is!

    ReplyDelete