Saturday, November 20, 2010

That's the God I serve!

Well, this has been an interesting week. Do you ever have those times when everything just feels hard? It's been one of those weeks. In truth, things have been just fine. But then, there are things that weigh on me that I can't tell to anyone, things that no one knows. It often leaves me feeling alone. But, it also leads me to Jesus. It causes me to cling to Him. To tell Him everything. To trust Him. To wrestle in prayer. To search His word - all the more! He is so good! It's kind of a strange feeling... I feel so absolutely overwhelmed and sad, but yet so absolutely elated! It's a feeling that comes from being a Christian. Life will always have hardships, but God will always be exquisitely awesome. Therefore, we can always have joy. So, I will rest in Him, knowing that He is a God of love, healing, joy, peace, and perfection. He is good even though He allows struggles! Struggles allow Him to show how real He is, and they give us a chance to delight in Him. Unfortunately, all too often I turn to other sources for answers and fulfillment, and they leave me more broken than I started. He is the ONLY source of satisfaction. He is a God of sovereignty, majesty, grandeur, supremacy, and glory. That's the God I serve! To Him be all the glory!


"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance." Psalm 42:5

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you are feeling weighed down and things are hard. But you are definitely doing the right thing in leaning on Jesus. :)

    I hope you have a wonderful day.
    ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete