Friday, September 11, 2009

School and skits and stuff

Hi! Sorry it's been so long since I've written (do I say that every time? lol =]). It's hard to keep up with posting. A lot has happened; I'll try to post a summary of it. Let's see... I started school this past Tuesday. It was hard to get used to it the first couple of days, but I think I'm adjusted to the new schedule now. I usually like school because I'm the kind of person that likes a very structured, scheduled, orderly life. (You may not know it by my bedroom, but it's true =P)

This past Wednesday I did school again, then in the afternoon was drama team practice for the Teen Power-Up. I mentioned before that we're doing the "Everything" drama, which is REALLY awesome and powerful. I'm not in it, but I go to the practices anyway to fill in for anyone who couldn't make it, and just to help whenever I can. We stayed through from practice until prayer meeting that evening. At prayer meeting we got some disappointing news.... we might not be able to do the drama. There was some concern that the dancing/choreography wouldn't be appropriate, and a couple of other things. Everyone has been REALLY praying about it these past few days. I think that it has a really powerful message that is exactly what we want to express at this event, and if we do it it will be a huge ministry. At the same time though, we don't want to offend anyone, or cause anyone to stumble. So PLEASE pray that we would figure it out and be able to make it happen.

Yesterday I went to piano lessons! I am on my 5th year of lessons and they just started up again for the school year. I'm really excited - I love piano! Then today hasn't been terribly exciting, just school and chores, but it's been a good day. Tomorrow will be busy... we have drama team practice at 10 AM, then a picnic to go to, then I'm babysitting from 4 PM until late that night. I'll write more later I guess! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am excited about your response to a really hard decision point. I know that your prayerful attitude towards the choreography will be helpful to a Godly decision. I also know that people will see that sweet spirit of humility. Never be ashamed to wear that kind of jewelry to beautify your person (1Pet3:3-4). You go girl!
    I'm pulling for you (= praying intentioanlly) and the team as you seek to minister with passion, excellence and for impact! It's (PowerUp) this weekend right??!
    Remember to say hey to Pastor Jim for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for all of your prayers - theyre much appreciated!! and guess what - we're gonna be able to do the skit!!! YAY! today is another practice. I'll write another post tonight hopefully or mebbe tomorrow. but yeah, im totally excited and yes the power up is this saturday! cant wait! =D

    ReplyDelete