Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hey from Arizona!

Hello from Arizona! I could make this post really long, but I don't have the time or the brains to right now. I'll tell some highlights.

I'm working with Minor League baseball players from the Cincinnati Reds and the Cleveland Indians most weekdays, teaching them English. Most of them are from the Dominican Republic, Venezuela, and Taiwan. It's fun and sometimes kind of crazy, and I've gotten a chance to witness to the Taiwanese translator! PLEASE pray for him - he and his wife have heard the whole gospel, are seeking to read the Bible, and need the Holy Spirit to regenerate them and enlighten the eyes of their heart. I have also gotten close with the Marquez family, and I will miss them a lot when I leave! It is hot here, and I'm not used to city life. At all. I did not realize what I country girl I was until I came here! I miss my green, scenic, peaceful home and life, and friends and church. But I love the people here, too! My Spanish is improving and I have made friends in the church.

It is time for me to go now, so adios!

5 comments:

  1. So neat to hear what the Lord is doing in your life! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep living for Him, dear! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds exciting! I'm so glad you've been given this opportunity, and I'm praying for you right now. Don't worry when things get tough Christy, God is guiding you every step of the way. Love and hugs!
    Psalm 139

    and PS: I love your new blog setup, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Christy! It feels like forever since I've come on here! I miss your blog soooo much! Just saying, I LoVEEEE your new header!!! Did you take the picture?

    And girl, I will be praying for you. And another thing, I soooooo know what it feels like going into the city! I am such a country girl it's crazy! We use to live far out into the woods, it was wonderful. Then we moved into the city. Wow, it's still hard adjusting to it even five years later! I miss my silent peaceful woods! <3 Anywho, miss your blog!!!
    God bless!
    A Servant 4 Christ,
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been missin' you! This is the first time I've come to your blog, and you've done a nice job on it! Have a wonderful day! :)

    ~Emily
    emilys-ponderings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete