Thursday, September 8, 2011

Live Every Moment

Last night, at prayer meeting, Ecclesiastes 9:1-10 was preached on. What grabbed me the most out of this passage was verse 10: "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going."

Recently I have been living in the future. Dreaming about something that will happen next week, next year, or far into the future, I tend to forget the life is composed of only one moment: right now. It will never be "tomorrow." Do you realize that? Wow! It will always be right now. When tomorrow comes, it will become right now. If I live in the future, I'm not really living at all. This is my only life; I want to live every minute of it to the fullest! I don't ever want to miss the opportunity of the present moment. I need to do everything with all of my might. Whether it's studying Biology, writing a blogpost, listening to a sermon, sorting laundry, or anything else, I want to delight in it and use it to serve the Lord. My life should be a continual offering.

Also, what if I don't live to see tomorrow? What would I do today if I knew I didn't have another day of life? I certainly wouldn't get caught up in my dreams of the future; I would take advantage of every single second. I wouldn't waste time doing selfish things, "vegging out," or complaining.

Life is short. Since we don't know if we have tomorrow, let's live like today is all we've got. We don't have to cling to right now or become desperate, either. We just need to trust in God's goodness, mercy, and grace, enjoy every blessing, and persevere through every trial. Live every moment!

"Only one life, 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last." (C.T. Studd - Missionary)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That definitely challenged me! Thank you so much for sharing that! i love you girl so amazed at the woman of God you are becoming :)

    ReplyDelete