Friday, January 11, 2013

Rising Radiance

When morning gilds the skies, 
my heart awaking cries, 
"May Jesus Christ be praised!"

This past week I've really enjoyed getting back to school. Christmas break was wonderful and restful, and charged me up for the other half of my final year of homeschool. On Sunday, I sat down with mom and planned out a schedule (yes, another one - I love planning!) that works for both of us, and I have really enjoyed it. Each morning I get up at 6:30 and have my morning devotions. Oh, it is incredible to watch the sun rise through the leafless trees, splashing color across the sky! It's like a painting; it doesn't even seem real. It's as though the sky is a colorful piece of translucent stained glass and the sun is behind it, making it glow. And it encourages me, because it brings to mind all the verses in the Bible about the rising sun.

"For from the rising of the sun to its setting my name will be great among the nations, 
and in every place incense will be offered to my name, and a pure offering.
 For my name will be great among the nations, says the Lord of hosts." 
Malachi 1:11

"From the rising of the sun to its setting,
the name of the Lord is to be praised!"
Psalm 113:3

"The Mighty One, God the Lord,
speaks and summons the earth
from the rising of the sun to its setting.
 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty,
God shines forth."
Psalm 50:1-2

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
his mercies never come to an end; 
 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."
Lamentation 3:22-23

"For his anger is but for a moment,
and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning."
Psalm 30:5

Our sovereign, holy God is reigning, and deserving our praise - let us remember to worship Him with our lives every waking moment. Let's praise Him early - don't wait! Let the rising sun remind you of His attributes and cause your heart to reverence Him. May we be able to say with David,

"I will sing of your strength;
I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning."
Psalm 59:16a

2 comments:

  1. I know how busy you must be with school. I am also trying to graduate this year. It looks good except for government. We git the book late and it has over 75 long lessons. I will pray for wisdom for both you and me to finish this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those verses! They are beautiful. I agree, watching the sun rise sometimes doesn't even look real it's so beautiful! I am breathless in awe with God's power and His creativeness...

    ReplyDelete